An exotic dreamland on your doorstep
- 550km of coastline, featuring more than 1.000 beaches
- Birthplace of the philosopher Aristotle
- Orthodox religious center of Mt. Athos (UNESCO heritage site)
- Imposing mountains & unique forests protected by NATURA convention Halkidiki has to offer a series of alternative tourism proposals and an unlimited choice of activities
- World famous Petralona Cave Inside the cave there the oldest European scalp (700.000 years old!) was found
- Tastes and flavors of wine & gastronomy Halkidiki offers the delights of the Mediterranean cuisine, the extra virgin olive oil, the dairy products, the herbs, the honey, the wine from the local vineyards and the traditional tsipouro as well as fresh fish and locally produced meat, in marvelous dishes
- A combination of Business and pleasure It’s deluxe hotels and resorts offer a complete range of facilities from fully equipped conference halls with state of the art technical support systems, to a wide selection of recreational services ideal for incentives and team building tours
From its incredible seashores to the picturesque mountainous villages, from the monastic state of Athos to the most cosmopolitan and bright resorts of Southeastern Europe, from the crystal clear blue to the deep forest green Halkidiki will captivate the visitor’s soul.
Capacity of 515 hotels | More than 50.000 beds or 26.000 rooms in all categories
Conference facilities: 20.136 seats (theater) & 13.825 m²conference centers
Hotels with conference & meeting facilities: 17 (members HHA)
Other services include:
- 3 private marinas
- Casino & golf course
- Sports & diving centers, water sports
- Spa & wellness centers
Halkidiki is located near the city of Thessaloniki and can be reached either by airplane (Macedonia International Airport-SKG) nor by car via Egnatia Motorway.
Halkidiki region has the mainland and 3 peninsulas (Kassandra, Sithonia, Athos). The capital of Halkidiki is Polygyros, located in the center of Halkidiki (48 km from Thessaloniki airport).
“Macedonia” airport (SKG) to Halkidiki: min 45km – max 120km. Transportation is made mainly by car, taxi or by bus. There is a bus station in Thessaloniki that connects the city with Halkidiki villages.
Halkidiki Tourism Organization